Women in every household play a role of central pillar and it has been seen that improvement of status of women in family reflects overall improvement of family. SHGs movement centred women is tried and tested model and successful approach of fight against poverty. State need a cadre of trained and motivated rural women who herself seen menace of poverty and fought it successfully who can train other rural local women be one like her. With this vision Sanjivani project is initiated by State government in 29 blocks of 13 Districts of Jharkhand under the banner of Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society, Rural Development Department, Government of Jharkhand.
“To empower the women of poor family by bringing them in SHG fold to ensure sustainable livelihood as well as to increase their reach for their entitlements and their participation in decision making process”
- In selected villages ensure universal coverage of families under SHG fold.
- Capacity Building of SHGs in the programme villages with the help of Community Resource Person.
- To cover all SHG members under existing social security net.
- Supporting SHG to undertake livelihood activities of their choice to enhance their current income.
Geographical coverage of Sanjivani Project:
|1||Ranchi||Ormanjhi, Chanho, Burhmu, Ratu, Nagri, Angara, Silli, Sonahatu, Rahe|
|7||Latehar||Chandwa, Manika, Garu, Barwadih, Latehar|
|10||East Sighbhum||Dhalbhumgarh, Patamda|
- At least one woman from every poor household to be included in SHG group.
- Community Resource persons to be selected by Community/ SHG members.
- Develop a cadre of CRPs and to train them intensively under Sanjivani project for capacity building of SHGs.
- Community resource person will capacitate SHG members while staying in the village and understanding the need of the SHG members.
- Formation and capacity building of SHGs.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of SHGs progress at regular interval.
- Village organisations (VOs) of SHGs to be developed.
- Ensuring women’s active participation in Mahila Gram Sabha to strengthen Main Gram Sabha.
- To capacitate SHGs and to link them with financial institutions for loan facilities to undertake livelihood activities of their choice.
- To ensure benefit of social safety net provided under the different Government programme to all SHG members.
- To initiate the group activities to be undertaken by the SHGs.